The incredibly sexy Ignited Moth nominated me for this fun little tag and since it’s talking about books, of course I’ll join in!
1. Find a book on your shelves or e-reader with a blue cover. What made you want to pick this up?
It’s Sanderson doing sci-fi with evil supervillains, why wouldn’t you pick it up?
2. Think of a book that you didn’t expect to enjoy, but did. Why did you read it in the first place?
I only read it because it was my book club book of the month. Like I REALLY didn’t want to read it, was convinced it would suck and ended up loving it.
3. Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick up a book at random. How did you discover this book?
It was at the very top of a ‘best of’ zombie novels list posted on author Chuck Palahniuk’s Facebook page.
4. Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of it?
My boss couldn’t believe that I’d never read a Terry Pratchett book and I can be pretty hard to book shop for so, he bought it (the second book as well) for me for my birthday one year. It was like fantasy on an acid trip. Trippy fun.
5. Pick a book that you discovered through YouTube/book blogs. Did it live up to the hype?
It surpassed the hype in my opinion, it was genuine fun.
6. Find a book on your shelves or e-reader with a one-word title. What drew you to this book?
Druids, mythology, talking dogs, shapeshifting people, werewolves, vampires, gods, goddesses, do I need to go on?
7. What book did you discover through a film/TV adaptation?
I watched the first season and then picked up the book at work the next day.
8. Think of your all-time favorite book/s. When did you read these and why did you pick them up in the first place?
(Ok so question 7 essentially answers this as ASOIF is my all-time favorite so I’ll pick another favorite series.) The Black Jewel trilogy by Anne Bishop. It took me a little over a year to read the whole trilogy but I picked it up because I like dark books and this series always comes up on best epic fantasy AND best dark fantasy lists.
Okay, you should all know just how fucking lazy I am about tags at this point. Please feel free to nominate yourself. It’s really quite fun!