Before I make any reading resolutions for the new year, let’s see how I did in 2022:
- Continue/complete series: I created a master list for this goal and only read 1 book series from the list. I did continue/complete 4 series that were not on the master list. I would consider this a semi-successful goal. Some progress is better than no progress.
- No spending limit on books: Despite giving myself free reign to spend as much as I want on books, I spent $19.67.
- Mood read for the entire year. I can check this one off with 100% confidence!
- Continue/complete series. I’m going to copy the master list into the new year and give it another run. It’s nice having a focus point, even if I don’t necessarily stick to it very well.
- No spending limit again! It’s interesting when I give myself no limits and then I’m still frugal as hell.
- Read more comic books. I really neglected comics in 2022 (I read none) and want to change that in 2023.
Do have any bookish resolutions for the new year??
20 thoughts on “2023 Bookish Resolutions”
Yeah, you read those comic books! Of course, what you’re going to read is probably going to be of el zilcho interest to me, but that’s beside the point, right? 😀
Haha, that’s probable! But I guess you never know. 🙂
I also am frugal as hell even though I never give myself a spending limit. Or maybe I just don’t like new things 😂 So is that one new book or… 4-5 used ones?
That was 9 books! Either found super cheap at the dollar store (they get good stuff sometimes!) or super cheap on Kindle. The most expensive book was $7.96, and it was a dog training book. 🙂
Well, you certainly did well with no spending limit! If only I could keep to such things myself…
Maybe I should have made one challenge ‘spend MORE on books’ and it would have the intended effect? 😛
Hahaha – one to add! 🙂
I think I heard you say you and Dani are re-reading Harry Potter? Remind me, is that a tradition? I have another Potterhead friend whom, I believe, reads a Harry Potter book per year. Or is that you??
I’m definitely avoiding buying books this year, and I’m impressed you spent so little in all of 2022.
(When I saw the title of this post, I wondered if “finish bathroom” would be on there, lol).
I make no promises on that damn bathroom. 😛
Dani and I do reread one Harry Potter book per year and that is coming up as well. We are doing a buddy read of another book right now. (I read it in one day, oops.) >.>
Good job cupcakes. I am going to start my reading year with a warhammer book and then a true story from WW2. Last year I only ready about four books which is just terrible haha.
I’ve only read one so far! And you know what, four is better than none! 😀
I’ve read one book this year so far 😊
Congrats on doing so well with your 2022 resolutions! Good luck with your resolutions for 2023!
Thank you. 🙂
This is such a fun tag! I love how creative people get around new years! And you reminded me that I really need to finish the Little Women series – I really enjoyed the first book but just never got around to reading the others? I also need to start finishing series! Here’s my New Years Resolutions, happy new year ☺️ https://hundredsandthousandsofbooks.blog/2023/01/15/what-are-your-new-years-resolutions/
Those are excellent resolutions!
Love your bookish goals for the year! ❤ And yay for more comics! Definitely want to do the same this year. Especially with Dorohedoro! 😀
You’ve got a good start on that one!
I’m impressed by how much self-control you’ve shown with buying books! And hell yes to reading more comic books! 😀
I’ve crashed my self-control this year. I just purchased a book haul that was more at once than I spent in the entire year of 2022. No regrets! 😛