Women’s History Month is quickly coming to a close and I’m trying to squeeze in one more book by a female author. I decided that I needed another edition of Favorite Female Authors. It’s only 5 more because I keep flying by the seat of my pants on these lists.
After my last list of female authors, I added quite a few female authors I hadn’t heard of yet thanks to you guys. I can’t ever run out of things to read (though I think that’s impossible) so keep those suggestions coming!
- Laini Taylor – I felt as though I really ripped her off not putting her on the first list BUT I did not enjoy the conclusion to The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. It was a big let down after eagerly devouring the first two books. However, that will never take away from Taylor’s talent and prose.
- Diana Gabaldon – I’m only a couple of books into the Outlander series but Gabaldon has clear talent. I love historical fiction and Jamie Fraser is the world’s best written man. So much so, it’s pretty clear he’s written by a woman. 😛
- Gail Carriger – Steampunk extraordinaire. I’ve only read one of her series so far but they are fun and full of sass. Strong female characters abound.
- Delilah S. Dawson – She writes great paranormal romance, but she also writes under another pen name. Lila Bowen, who I am currently reading the second book in her The Shadow series. The worlds she creates are so unique.
- Becky Chambers – Character driven space operas are her thing and she knows what she’s doing. I’m eagerly awaiting the third edition in her Wayfarers series.