All the cool kids are mentioning their favorite books of the first half of the year, so I might as well jump on that dandy little train because who doesn’t like good book recommendations?!
In no particular order:
- Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames
- Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb
- Queen of Darkness by Anne Bishop
- The Shotgun Arcana by R.S. Belcher
- Morning Star by Pierce Brown
I’ve been going hard at epic fantasy this year and I hope to continue. Usually this time of the year and into fall I start hitting Urban Fantasy hard. Not there is anything wrong with that but I have a lot of series I need to catch up on before I begin new ones. (This is what I tell myself but it never works out that way.)