In celebration of hitting 100 lovely followers, I finally filled out my facts from winning the One Lovely Blog Award a few months ago from The Shameful Narcissist and Ignited Moth. (Thanks ladies!)
The Official Rules of the Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Nominate 6-10 bloggers to receive this award.
4. State 7 facts about yourself.
1. I have double jointed shoulder blades. When we were younger, my best friend would insist that I poke them out so that she could hold onto one while we were standing in line for various school activities. If you can’t picture what this looks like, much like any of the big cats slinking along, I can do an impressive imitation of a sexy panther crawling across the carpet towards my husband with shoulder blades pointed up towards the ceiling. And by sexy, I mean severely creepy.
2. I drive a 1990 Jeep Wrangler that looks like something out of Mad Max. It’s the vehicle I learned to drive in and she’s technically an antique. Her name is Bowser because driving her is like playing Mario Kart, she’s kind of turtle shell-shaped and I always play Bowser.
(See her mighty hook teeth for pulling people out of ditches?!)
3. I refer to all vehicles as she/her. Probably a habit I picked up from auto shop in high school, which was my favorite class.
4. I am big into animal rescue. This doesn’t really require an explanation.
5. I volunteered at a farm animal sanctuary for a number of years. You always assume that if you were to accidentally get injured by any of the animals it would be one of the one ton cows. Nope. Bitten by a one pound feral kitten. Right through the top and bottom of the thumb down to the bone.
6. When I was little I had a love/hate relationship with E.T. I would watch the movie from behind my rocking chair because he scared me, but as soon as the movie was over I would rewind the VHS and watch it again. Then when I burned out the tape, I cried.
7. My friend (who shall not be named) will drink the juice out of a can of peas.
The SEVEN choosen bloggers to receive this award are as follows:
(If you’ve already participated in this reward, feel free to ignore me. I can’t possible keep up with who has been awarded with it and who has not. ❤ )
14 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog – 100 Followers”
Congrats! I’m close too it’s very exciting;)
I think I need just 1 more lol
Well I went and followed you, so hope that helps. 🙂
Woo! Congrats on your 100 followers milestone!! 😀 That’s awesome.
Haha I had to literally laugh out loud at fact #1 due to the memories and also your sexy/creepy panther description! 😛
I like Bowser’s mighty hook teeth. Pretty nifty and badass-looking to boot.
Also, in regards to fact 7, that is quite admirable of you not to name names. I’m sure whoever they are that they appreciate that. 😉
I thought they might kill me if I did. 😛
Haha – this is great – well, not sure about drinking the juice out of the peas – although maybe it has all the vitamins in there so who knows!
I love your sexy/creepy panther stalk!
The love hate relationship with ET – it seems to be part of being young doesn’t it – loving things that frighten you (that being said it seems to continue into adulthood too).
Great fun facts!
Thanks for the tag.
I used to be really afraid of Chucky too but now I kind of adore him. 🙂
Congrats on reaching 100 followers! You most definitely deserve it!
I hated E.T… it terrified me too. My brother bought me a talking E.T doll that would go off and talk to my furby in the middle of the night. Safe to say it promptly had it’s batteries removed and was placed in a cupboard!
Eee, thank you for the nomination!
I had an ET doll too! He ended up in my old toy chest in the attic of my dad’s barn lol.
You are very welcome. I enjoy your blog. 🙂
Thank you 🙂
Your welcome 🙂